This article about gambling in Canada is brought to you by Night Rush Casino, Newest Canadian Casino, accepting C$, USD, EUR. Here you will get fast payouts, professional support 24/7 and generous bonuses.
Canada is not among the countries with the most developed gambling industry. At least, Canada is not competitive with the countries that are usually called gambling capitals of the world. Nevertheless, on its territory there are numerous casinos, bookmakers, as well as other institutions offering gambling entertainment. Apart from these there are a lot of online casinos, which are also available to Canadians.
Gambling in various provinces of Canada
Speaking of gambling in Canada, it is worth noting the significant differences in the laws of individual provinces.
- Alberta – You can play as beginning at the age of 18. Casino gambling, lotteries, betting on races are allowed.
- British Columbia – You can play as beginning at the age of 19. Offline gambling allows casino, bets on races, bingo and lotteries. Slot machines in bingo halls are also allowed. Between 10% and 1/6 of casino revenue goes to the provincial budget.
- Labrador – You can play as beginning at the age of 19. You can play only lotteries online. Offline you can play the lottery and at the races.
- Manitoba – You can play as beginning at the age of 18. Online gambling on the BCLC (The British Columbia Lottery Corporation) website is officially available to fans of online entertainment. There are also casinos, lottery organizers and bookmakers at the races.
- New Brunswick – You can play as beginning at the age of 19. The only legalized form of gambling entertainment on the Internet is the lottery, which is arranged by the provincial authorities. Bets on races and lotteries are allowed offline.
- Newfoundland – You can play as beginning at the age of 19. Only state lottery is allowed online. Also in the province you can bet on the racetrack and participate in offline lotteries.
- Northwest Territories – You can play as beginning at the age of 19. The only legitimate form of gambling is the government lottery.
- Nova Scotia – You can play as beginning at the age of 19. There is an official online lottery, as well as offline casinos, bookmakers and private lotteries.
- Ontario – You can play as beginning at the age of 19. There is only lotteries are available online. There are casinos, bookmakers, lottery organizers and complexes offering mixed services offline.
- Prince Edward Island – You can play as beginning at the age of 19. The government sanctioned only the official lottery on the Internet. There are places where you can bet on races and play casino games and private lotteries (offline).
- Quebec – You can play as beginning at the age of 18. Several lotteries and a poker room work legally online. Their organizers are Loto Quebec, Atlantic Lottery and BCLC. Also in Quebec, casinos, non-governmental lotteries and racetracks are allowed.
- Saskatchewan – You can play as beginning at the age of 19. A government lottery is allowed online, as well as casinos, lotteries, bookmakers.
- Yukon – You can play as beginning at the age of 19. There is state lottery, as well as similar entertainment from private operators and non-profit casinos.
So, state lotteries are allowed in all provinces of Canada. In addition, everywhere you can bet on the races and participate in gambling, organized for charitable purposes. In most provinces, land-based casinos also operate with slot machines, video slots, table and card games, as well as private lotteries.
Canadian players have quite a wide selection of gambling entertainment. In addition, no one forbids them to play in online casinos, poker rooms, bingo halls and bookmakers registered outside of Canada. But it should be noted that some online casinos do not allow Canadians to play.
Online Gambling in Canada
Canadians have the right to play online gambling games. Legislatively, such gambling activities are allowed only in certain provinces, but no one forbids Canadians to make real money bets on the Internet.
Gambling operators can register and host servers outside the country. At the same time, offshore casinos often place servers in various provinces of Canada.
There is no need to look for online casinos that holds Canadian license.
Although not all casinos allow players from Canada to open an account and make bets, there are a lot of trusted online casinos, that accept Canadians and offer them a really generous welcome bonus.